1.02.2006

Sore Calves

Happy New Year everybody! I started training again yesterday. I had taken about 6 weeks off, so it felt pretty nice to be back on the bike. I did 2 hours on the trainer at work yesterday, and rode for another 2.5 hours this afternoon. It was a beautiful sunny day here today. No wind and around 55 degrees. Cardiovascularly I feel pretty good, but my legs are weak. After about 1.5 hours I can really feel them. My poor calves are mad at me. Hopefully my strengh comes back quickly.

Now on to my New Year's resolutions...

1. I'm not going to shop at Wal-Mart. There are other giant corporations that treat their employees well, and support the local community. Buying TP and light bulbs from Safeway won't kill me.

2. I'm going to train consistently all year long. I seem to train pretty decently for a couple months, and then I start to slack off. This year I'm going to stay focused hopefully I'll see improved results. I plan on averaging at least 200 miles and 12 hours per week.

Here is a cool link to cyclocross videos. A lot of Oregon guys are in Belgium now for the Euro Cross Camp. The videos are in Dutch, but the racing is awesome. You can listen to some excellent Thin Lizzy instead of the Dutch announcers, and if you don't have any Thin Lizzy, you should get some. Sven Nys is superhuman. The GP De Ster Sint-Niklaas was today, and the Americans did pretty good. Page, Trebon, and Wicks all in the top 20.

I got Mary one of those body composition scales for Christmas. I'm currently 156 lbs and 7.9% body fat. It will be interesting to see the changes as the season progresses. I'd like to be around 155 lbs with 5% body fat when cross season rolls around. I'll post my progress once a month or so.

No comments: