12.31.2005

2006 Predictions

Here are some things I predict will happen in the coming year.
  • Gasoline will be $4.00 per gallon
  • I will buy a car that runs on diesel/vegetable oil
  • There will be no exit strategy for the war in Iraq
  • Andy Bakke will have sexual intercourse
  • News programs will have more coverage of Brad and Angelina than genocide, poverty, and AIDS in Africa, combined
  • I will break a bicycle rim
  • A famous cyclist will fail a drug test and deny he ever doped
  • Ivan Basso will win the Giro
  • Chris Horner will win a stage in the Tour
  • I will win a cyclocross race
  • Lance will do all he can to stay in the media spotlight
  • George W. Bush will still be an asshole
  • I will not shop at Wal-Mart
  • I will have a Colorado Paramedic License
  • Mary and I will buy a home
  • The Mets will win the World Series
  • Federer will not win a grand slam
  • A record number of athletes will fail drug tests during the Turino Olympics
  • Paris Hilton will die
  • Sampson will meet Vontoux
  • A telemarketer from Calcutta will call and try to get me to consolidate my student loans
  • I will drop an F-bomb on said telemarketer
  • A Canadian will contract bird flu
  • Right-winged yahoos will dismiss global warming
  • Scott Johnson will spend a month on our futon, and train with me
  • I will vomit from exertion
  • Apple will come out with a ghetto blaster/boom box iPod

I'll come back to this list next year and see how many came true. I wish everyone a safe and happy New Year's Eve, and a prosperous 2006!

6 comments:

Lane said...

you forgot to mention that in 2006 Brian Abrahamsoybean will overthrow the Trek bicycle company to create his own evil empire

Lars said...

I agree with all but one prediction. Federer will win at least 2 grand slams.

Lars said...

Brooks. I predict that the next time I see you I will give you a swift kick in the balls. Then I will give you a hug cause it's been a while. Becca

Brian said...

1. Highest I see it getting is $3.50
2. Yeah, the Sentra is on the winter of its life
3. Nope
4. Yeah, go Andy!
5. Brad's so hot
6. It wouldn't be a bike season for you if that didn't happen
7. It's becoming a nice pattern
8. He has the best chance, maybe he could even pull the Giro/Tour double
9. Maybe
10. The force is strong with this one
11. Yep
12. Yep
13. I remember the WalMart in the Soo
14. Would be nice (good luck w/ your interview)
15. That would rule
16. Unless the Yanks buy another title
17. He probably will
18. Quite a few will, maybe a record
19. Unfortunately not
20. And they will probably hump each other silly
21. Of course
22. Of course
23. Darn Canucks
24. What's global warming?
25. Scotty J!
26. Just like Scotty J at your wedding!
27. Now that would rule

RP. said...

Happy new year! Here's to me not being #23

Brooks Leedahl said...

What 2 slams will Federer win?
Wimbeldon is almost a given, but Australia or US? I think Nadal has the French.
If Safin or Hewitt has a big year, they can easily win one of the hardcourts. Roddick too.