1.20.2006

Recertification

My paramedic license expires March 31st, so the last few weeks I've been getting all my shit taken care to recertify. Its a bitch (and expensive) but it needs to be done every 2 years. I'm a lot farther along in the process then I thought I was, which is good.

It was a gorgeous January day here today. Warm and sunny, with minimal wind. I took advantage of it by going on a nice long ride. I like base training. It's nice just riding, and not putting in any hard efforts. The road race season starts in a few weeks in Oregon with the Cherry Pie road race. I raced it last year, but I'm in no shape currently to race. I don't think I'll be racing until June or so. Lots of Crits in the summer months in Colorado in preparation for a full season of cyclocross. I think I counted 25 cross races in Colorado alone.

The Austrailan Open is in full swing. I think I've watched about 15 hours of tennis this week. Martina Hingis looks impressive in her comeback. Serena looks fat. Roddick and Nalbandian are playing well. We'll see how the second week goes. ESPN 2's coverage of tennis is pretty remarkable. I wish they could do the same for bicycle racing. Who knows what OLN's coverage will be like this year.

I go into work for a 72 hour shift this weekend. The Dingleblog's recent post about intubation got me thinking about the last time I've intubated someone. It's been a while, like 4 months. I'm definately due, so maybe I'll have a story about tubing a dead guy or something fun to share on Monday.

4 comments:

Brian said...

She's my Cherry Pie, cool drink of water such a sweet surprise.

Brian said...

As a way of celebrating your new job, copy and paste this link and then press play:

http://www.republicoft.com/index.php/archives/2006/01/14/ooga-chaka/

Quite possibly the greatest thing ever.

Brooks Leedahl said...

I love Hasselhoff

Lane said...

Hey brother! I was surfing this information super highway, and came across this Lawrence cycling club, and they seem pretty intense. The link is http://www.lawrencebicycleclub.org/customhtml2/
You should check it out. Also I went to this other bike shop in town, and they had a sweet cyclocross bike, by some brand that I haven't heard of it was called FUJI