1.10.2006

Blow Wind Blow

It's been rainy and windy here again today. Big suprise. Too crappy to ride outside. I tried to go to run some errands today, but the Sentra wouldn't start. Unfortunately I think there is just some moisture in the distributor cap from all the rain lately, and not something serious. I have been looking at cars online though, just in case.

Here are some pictures. I've been slacking with the pictures, and it's bringing down the quality of my blog. The first picture is my goofy yellow lab Sampson. The second picture is a delicious treat.

This is from the
Chimay website:

Chimay is an authentic Trappist beer that is brewed within a Trappist monastery, under the control and responsibility of the monastic community. Only 6 beers in Belgium can carry the appellation "Trappist": Chimay, Orval, Rochefort, Westmalle, Westvleteren and Achel.

It is noted for its coppery color which makes it particularly attractive. Topped with a creamy head, it gives off a light, fruity apricot aroma produced by the fermentation. The taste perceived in the mouth is a balance confirming the fruity nuances noticed in the fragrance. Its taste, which imparts a silky sensation to the tongue, is made refreshing by a light touch of bitterness. To the palate, the taster perceives a pleasant astringency which complements the flavor qualities of this beer very harmoniously. This top fermented Trappist beer, refermented in the bottle, is not pasteurized.

Chimay Red is ideally drunk at the ambient cellar temperature: from 10 to 12°C (50 to 53.6°F); a temperature which gives Chimay Red a great richness of body and soul.

Go buy some Chimay Red, and as with most delicious Belgian beers, drink it out of its intended glass. It blows away Fat Tire, or other amber beers. I highly recomend it.

8 comments:

Brooks Leedahl said...

I got my car started. Damn. I was looking forward to driving a nice new Jetta wagon.

Scotty J said...

Well good luck with getting the car to crap out maybe you could accidentally put sugar in your gas tank or something you know it happens sometimes. Check back on my blog for a good Marcus Vick article later

Scotty J said...

Oh yeah and your dog is so adorable, tell Mary I said hi.

Lane said...

Hey have any of you guys tried that fancy beer Miller Light, its delicious, and it excites my tastebuds.

Robb Lunak said...

Lane I've tried that beer. It's very hard to come by around Fargo. It has a very distinct burnt piss taste. But I will admit that it did taste good in a "big one" at the Hub.

Scotty J said...

lane i prefer the high life myself cuz i am a classy guy

Scotty J said...

Have you seen these podcast things there is a bike one under the sports section I have know idea what they talk about but I am going to check it out and there is a zen triathlon one which I am down loading and they are free

G-reg said...

Dude, I just picked up some of that stuff. Some required reading for those who are beer lame:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trappist_beer