1.28.2006

CX Worlds

The UCI Cyclocross World Championships are today and tomorrow in Zaddam, The Netherlands. It looks icy and cold with very little mud. Should be blindingly fast with few bike changes. The favorite is obviously Sven Nys, the defending champ and winner of 8 of 10 World Cup races this year. Bart Wellens (the guy kung-fu fighting on his bike from my blog a couple weeks ago) or Richard Groenedaal could upset Nys if bad luck strikes.

The Austrailian Open Men's final is tonight also. It looks like my prediction of Federer not winning a Grand Slam in 2006 will not come true with Federer playing Marcos Baghdatis. Baghdatis had a nice run beating Roddick, Ljubicic, and Nalbandian, but I don't think he can beat Federer.

4 comments:

Lars said...

Hey, When I log onto my blog it is all black. Is this the case when you look at it too?

Anyway nice work with that lady and her blood pressure. If I were Sven Nys I would ride a Colnago C50 CX. Holy crap what a bike.

Brian said...

Props to Wisco resident Bjorn Selander for getting 7th in the junior race today. He was only 20 seconds back from the winner.

It's Nys' race to lose tomorrow IMO.

Brooks Leedahl said...

its the same template as brian's blog. that C50 is so awesome. with the dura ace carbon wheels.

Bjorn's an animal. i hope he doesn;t burn out like past american juniors.

Brian said...

Nys crashes and pulls the DNF.

Belgian 1-2. Page with an awesome ride to get into the top 10!

I agree about the juniors burning out. Seems that it happens alot to the US juniors in both mountain and cross.