1.13.2006

Finally!

I finally have an awesome work-related story to tell!

My partner and I were dispatched for an unknown with CHP on scene with a guy. On the way to the call we get more information, and the guy apparently had a cut lip. I'm thinking its going to be lame, like the guy got beat up or something. So we get there, and there is a textbook mullets galore dude lying prone with a cop's knee in his back. The guy is not wearing a shirt, and he's drunk as a skunk. There is a really sweet Bronco II with neon graphics and checkered flags and stuff burried up to the frame in a watery ditch. The guy has some serious mulletude and is trying to fight the cops. So we put him in the ambulance and I can't understand a word this guy is saying. We're driving down the road, and this drunk guy is blabbering about something, and I'm able to make out the word "supertramp." I ask the guy if he likes the band Supertramp. This guy immediately starts singing the Supertramp classic "Breakfast in America" in the back of the ambulance. It was hilarious. I asked him if he liked any other bands, and he started singing some Kansas, and later, Lynyrd Skynyrd. It was a very surreal thing, this drunk mullet man with no shirt and handcuffed to the gurney singing. I laughed the entire ride to the hospital.

Today I've been playing Florence Nightingale. Mary has the flu, so I don't think we're going to go anywhere or do anything fun. Probably just hang out at home. It's stormy here anyways.

5 comments:

Lars said...

That is too good to be true! You have a memory for life there.

Brooks Leedahl said...

I wish I had my camera with me. You should have seen his Bronco.

Lars said...

It wouldnt be a bad idea to take a camera on runs for a number of reasons. Or would it be HIPPA illegal or something?

Brooks Leedahl said...

I don't think it would be a HIPPA violation if you didn't show the guy's face, or anything distinguishing.

Scotty J said...

Sweet story man and sister get well soon i laughed my ass off hilarious maybe i should be a paramedic if stories like that are to be had. Oh and have you seen the movie Run Ronnie Run talk about mullet fest