12.08.2005

New Direction

Alright guys. I won't bore anyone with any more training theories. I'll bore you with rantings about my 2006 racing schedule instead. It's pretty dependent on us moving to Colorado. The season will be directed at building fitness throughout the spring and summer, with the focus being cyclocross in the fall. Thats all I definitively know for right now.

The tenative Colorado racing calender is on the ACA website, there is a link for it to the right. It looks like I'll be doing numerous crits, since they are very much like cyclocross races. I'll probably do a few time trials and road races also. I just suck at the tactics of road racing, and riding in a pack. It seems I can never get in the winning break when the crunch happens. No mountain bike races yet. Maybe in 2007. It would be fun going back home and racing the ND state championships. It's all still up in the air.

I'll be back on the bike starting January 2nd with serious base miles. I'd like to average 12-15 hours per week on the bike during my base periods. Gym work only until then. I've already started putting on a couple "holiday pounds."

Cyclocross nationals are this weekend. My money is on Todd Wells. Page will probably win another one though. Look out for all the Oregon boys. Trebon, Tonkin, Skerritt, Wicks, Craig, Horner, Dekker. All possible top 10's. Crazy.

Tomorrow I go in to work for a 72 hour shift. I'll post on Monday morning when I'm off. Maybe some cool stuff will go down at work that I can write about.

7 comments:

Brian said...

Maybe for your 07 Trek bike purchase you can get a Top Fuel or a 9.9 so that you can do mtb races as well. :)

You should head back home for the ND or MN state RR. We could actually have a little team then to combat the Fargo guys. Sucks that it is in Fargo next year though (flat + no tree cover = mass sprint finish inevitable). Depends on which course they use I guess though. The MN course rules though.

Brooks Leedahl said...

yes we should have a little team. sounds a bit homo. in a good way.

Anonymous said...

Top 3 for Chris Horner aka Dave Simmons for cyclecross nat.

Definitely come back to ND for P Rose and drag Brain with you, and don't talk to anybody at the race. Definitely adds a sense of urgency to all the riders who don't know who you are. Then Brain can drop hints like "It's just Brooks from CO (or CA) and he's out here on vacation and needed a hard training ride." Stuff like that is always good.

pw

Simmons said...

Yes, we need a good strong rider to dominate those damn Fargo guys. We could go one, two, three at MN and ND state. As for your 07 Mountain bike those Trek's look like they need a really long seat tube. And Pat, it's Vino not Horner :)

Dave said...

why is it when you guys talka bout racing you always leave me outta the mix...i'm starting to develop a complex...I might even give up racing altogether...guess my fixed gear mtb state championship isn't good enough :o(

Brian said...

If you come back for a race, you should come back for one of the stage races; either the Medora Stage Race, or the Tour of 10k Lakes in MN.

Lane said...

Tom Skerritt from Top Gun, and Picket Fences, and A river runs through it races bikes, I guess I never knew