12.12.2005

Another One Bites the Dust

I killed another fine citizen of Del Norte County this weekend. Big Suprise. We went on a call where an elderly woman was having chest pain and shortness of breath. This lady was fully concious, alert and talking one minute, and the next minute she was full-on dead. Yep, so that was quite exciting. The call was started out as a typical chest pain call, so I didn't have/need/want additional help in the back of the ambulance with me, so when she died, I had to do CPR and give drugs and everything else by myself. I did get to precordial thump her, so that made my day. We also had our company Christmas party this weekend. It was terrible with terrible food and terrible gifts.

Cyclocross nats were this weekend also. I called it with Todd Wells winning. The Oregon boys did quite well also. Here is a funny picture of Chris Horner looking quite goofy. I dig the waterbottle cage and the textbook shouldering technique. If you don't know what I mean, check out some of the other pics on cyclingnews.

5 comments:

Brian said...

Sounds like the call that I went on with you. Except for the whole dying thing.

Brooks Leedahl said...

it was exactly like the call you went on up until the dying part. it was unexpected so say the least.

Lars said...

Ya got to watch out for those. Be thankful for the witnessed arrest.

Anonymous said...

Good call on Wells. See the uncanny resemblence between Horner and Simmons. And Simmons couldn't work this weekend, "Other plans, etc." he said. pw

Brooks Leedahl said...

she wasn't in v-tach, but I still thumped her anyways. needless to say it didn't do anything. she went straight from normal sinus to asystole.