3.06.2006

Vanilla

Nothing new going on here. I worked all weekend. We took some crazy lady to Sacremento on Sunday. She had suicidal ideations and probably active tuberculosis due to her Aqualung-esque productive cough. It's been rainy here for the last few days. Last week I fell well short of the 200 mile goal, and I didn't ride today. It was nice having an easy week, but I need to get back at it. Check out these pics from the Handbuilt Bicycle Show.

Yes thats a
Vanilla trike. If anyone has around 2 grand and can wait like 24 months for a frame, check them out. Gorgeous.

Tom Boonen is kicking ass in Paris-Nice. 5th place in the prologue, and easily sprinting for the win today. Why is he so fast? I think its the faux hawk euro mullet.

Sucks about Kerby. Not much of a suprise though.
Nuclear rods for mangos. WTF?
These are some
tasty burritos. I like the bean and cheese ones best.
We just picked up one of
these. Makes a mighty fine espresso on the cheap.
Lately I've been lusting over
Dugast tubs.

Alright then. Tomorrow I return to work for a 72 hour shift, and then I have all weekend off. The first F1 race of the season is Sunday in Bahrain. Renault and Honda look to be the top teams. This year teams have to run V8's or rev-limited V10's. I'm going to miss the sound of a screaming V10 at 18,000 rpm.

7 comments:

Brian said...

As will I.

We should still go to Montreal sometime for the Canadian Grand Prix.

Scotty J said...

V-10's make me want to drool, yeah Kirby was a good man. did you know he was also planning to get back into baseball and re-marry.

Scotty J said...

oh yeah i forgot why do speedskaters still wear they gay yellow helmets in the olympics does anyone know.

Lane said...

the answer my young padawan is that the color of the helmets is actually white, but when they skate around it is kind of like the hypercolor material, which turns them yellow. The Olympians produce much steam coming off from their head, and instead of us seeing really cool visuals of steaming heads, we get yellow mushroom helmets.

Much to learn this jedi has

Anonymous said...

Saw this, and thought of you Brooks.
http://www.benjerry.com/our_products/flavor_details.cfm?product_id=180

Lars said...

Man that would be an awesome show to see. Every bike to die for.

Brian said...

Check this out:

More of the Handmade bike show

The new Reynolds 953 Indy Fab prototype bike. Ooohhh. Very nice.