3.21.2006

Burn Baby Burn

I had to spend the night at a hotel last night due to our ambulance station catching fire. Yep. There is a dirtbag hotel next door that was fully engulfed in flames, and the flames jumped to the roof and wall of our station. I had just finished watching the Sopranos, and was in the bathroom going #1 when I heard a bunch of people yelling. I lifted the blinds and looked out the window and saw nothing but orange glowing hotness. No one was hurt, and the fire department had the fire out quickly. It was pretty awesome. So we're without an ambulance station for a few weeks due to some serious smoke damage, which sucks.

The training is going pretty well. I've started incorporating intervals into my rides, instead of just ticking away the miles. Today I was able to get in a few hours between rain storms. It feels awesome riding outside after spending like a week straight on the trainer.

2 comments:

Brian said...

Did one of the dirtbags leave his cigarette sitting around in the dirtbag hotel? Is the dirtbag hotel completely burnt down now?

At least no one was hurt.

Lars said...

Good thing you weren't going number 2.