2.03.2006

Seizures and Other Neurological Side Effects

I hope nobody had a seizure from looking at the pictures of the Tiki Bus. I have to go back to work tomorrow. Someone shoot me in the face. When it's all said and done, I'll have worked 144 out of a total 168 hours this week. I didn't ride today, nor did I ride the previous 3 days at work. Tomorrow I'll get back into it. Here are some monthly totals from January:

  • 675 miles (goal is 800/month, but January is a shitty rainy month)
  • roughly 37 hours (only around 9 hours a week, I wish it were a few hours higher)
  • weight stayed the same (156lbs)
  • body fat stayed the same (8%)

Riding the trainer at work isn't ideal. There were a couple times where my workouts were inturrupted by calls. I haven't done any fitness testing yet, all the work was perfomed at zone 2 (82-88% LTHR.) I'll probably do a 20k time trial test here in the next couple weeks. The test will give me a baseline to guage my progress throughout the year. I wish I could afford real lab testing sessions.

A big congratulations to Brian and Heathrow. Have Brian explain the Medora-Grand Forks-Sault Ste. Marie-Indianapolis-Port Huron-Valparaiso-Scranton connection sometime.

Also, good luck to Dave Simmons on the Arrowhead 135. Pecker slap all those sissies Dave, and watch out for bears.

Tomorrow I'll know definitively if and when we'll be moving to Colorado Springs. It looks like I'll be traveling there to take a test sometime in the next couple weeks, and if I pass, I'll have a job. I'll lock in all the details tomorrow, and let everyone know on Monday.

3 comments:

Simmons said...

Thanks Brooks. I'll try to pecker slap them as best I can. It's not very big though. Is it Brian? :)

Lars said...

There is a urine yellow Westfalia VW bus at one of the used car lots on Wash right now. It looks real nice. Should I buy it on your behalf?

Brooks Leedahl said...

i like the urine yellow ones, also the burnt turd colored ones. i do actually want like a mid '80's westie preferably diesel.