2.20.2006

Cross-Country Skiing

Hello blogholes. Today is President's Day. If you didn't get the day off, or get holiday pay, do you really care? On Friday Mary and I went to Eureka because I had a Pediatric Advanced Life Suport recertification class I needed to take. We ate some delicious food and spent a ton of money at Target. It's funny living in the sticks, and getting all excited about Target. Work this past weekend was uneventful. This week is my easy week. I only work Wednesday and Thursday.

Since seeing Peter Gabriel during the Opening Ceremonies I've been listening to his 1986 blockbuster
"So." There is some pretty good songs in there. I recomend it. The album makes me think of the movie Say Anything, which makes me think of Cameron Crowe. Has he ever made a shitty movie?

Speaking of the Olympics, is anyone else pissed off with NBC's coverage? They show every single heat of boring snowboard cross, and like 50 hours of ice dancing, but hardly any of the game's premier event, the men's 4 x 10k relay. I don't get it. We decided we're going to the Vancouver Olympics is 2010. I also decided I'm going to xc ski race in the wintertime when we finally move. XC ski equipment is a bargain compared to cycling stuff.

I have a 50 mile ride planned for today in zone 2. Its sunny and warm again here. I saw the other day it was -45 F windchill back in Grand Forks. Ouch.

4 comments:

Brian said...

Mind if Heather and I join you in Vancouver?

Lars said...

Elizabethtown was supposed to be shitty. I never saw it though. Those fricken skiiers use every muscle fiber in their bodies, cremaster and all. I watched the Biathalon. It was rad.

Brooks Leedahl said...

have you seen teh cool trick i can do with my cremaster?

Brooks Leedahl said...

I forgot about Elizabethtown. I haven't seen it either.