2.07.2006

Phone Tag

Hello Blogland. It seems I cannont get a hold of the Colorado Springs guy. He's never in his office. He leaves a message for me, and I return his call and leave a message for him. It's currently my turn again. I'm thinking I'll go there Feb. 19th and return Feb. 23rd. That will give me enough time to take the test and lock down a place to live when we move.

It's been gorgeous here the last few days. Sunny in the mid 60's with no wind. It's nicer now then it is in summer. Yesterday's ride was awesome. I actually had to take the leg warmers off because it was so warm.

Why is
this guy the authority on technical bicycle matters? He looks like a pedophile.

I've been listening to the Rolling Stones' "Exile on Main Street" lately. What a wonderful album. A bonus is its the perfect length for an hour long trainer session. Does anyone else's tragus feel like its being brutally tortured by the iPod earbuds? I can only wear the bud in my right ear for like a half hour, and then it needs a little break. My left ear is fine though. Maybe someone specializing in otorhinolaryngology can chime in.

My bicycle is calling me. 3 hours and about 50 miles planned today. I might post again later tonight.

6 comments:

JMo said...

I've often wondered aloud why he's the authority also.
But, I will tell you this.
Man knows his bikes.
Period.

Course the cycling community has always drawn a bit from the fringes of society.

Lars said...

I hear ya about those crappy ear buds. I have a huge external acoustic meatus but those things still hurt and fall out and just suck. Check out these sites for a solution. Two are very expensive and the other is quite cheap and something I might actually buy.

http://www.shurestore.com/earphones/index.html#eseries
http://www.etymotic.com/ephp/epcomp.aspx
http://www.slicsound.com/ss001.asp

I have had this itunes gift card burning a whole in my pocket and I am going to take your advice on albums. I may get a real old stones album also, any suggestions?

Brian said...

Myself and the rest of the SBS gang met Sheldon Brown at the QBP open house a few years back. We ate lunch with him.

He is as weird in person as he looks in his pics. :)

Brooks Leedahl said...

its hard for me to beleive that you have huge ear anatomy, andy, with your tiny head and all. it must look disproportionate.

Brooks Leedahl said...

how about Beggars Banquet? thats from like '68 or so. its really bluesy and delicious. "salt of the earth" what's better then that? you have "street fighting man", and "sympathy for the devil" on there too.

or there's Let It Bleed (1969.) it's also amazing.

Some Girls (1978)

Sticky Fingers (1971)

Tattoo You (1981)

The Stones kick ass, and you really can't go wrong with any (older) album. i don't really like the psychedelic era stones.

Anonymous said...

nice blog...
word on mr. Browne