9.10.2006

Familiar Weather, Familiar Music, Familiar Family

Hello once again everyone. It feels like I'm back in Crescent City today. Its been rainy and dreary all day. Brian and I did get in a good quality bike ride this afternoon, however.

Last night was the big Journey/Def Leppard concert. I'm a huge Journey fan as most of you know, but I was a bit disappointed. Steve Perry is long gone, but the replacement vocalist sounds exactly like him on the powerful songs like "Anyway You Want It," but is unable to hit the really high tenor notes on songs like "Faithfully." Those songs are sung by the drummer, who has a very good range, but does not sound very much like Steve Perry. It was still pretty cool though. Def Leppard on the other hand kicked ASS! I was blown away as I'm not a big Def Leppard fan. Holy moly they were awesome!

Mary's Dad, Mom, Grandmom, and Sister Pammie were here the last couple days. They're driving Pam out to School at Oregon State in Corvallis. It was nice seeing them again, and nice seeing Mary's Grandma since I don't think I've seen her since Mary and I's wedding. (Is "I's" correct? That sentence seems not right.) They will be back through Sept. 22nd, but I'll be in North Dakota racing my bike. Yes thats right. I'll be racing the Red River Cyclocross Challenge on Saturday Sept. 23 in Moorehead, and The Pork Chop Challenge in St. Cloud the following day. I have my cyclocross schedule pretty much figured out. There are a couple races that fall on a Saturday followed by a much more important race on Sunday, so those races might be scraped.

What the hell is this! Oh Tom. Thats some serious dabbling.
Blogger in Beta is a bit quirky. Don't change over to it until they get all the kinks ironed out.

1 comment:

Brian said...

Is that supposed to be Gumby?

:)