9.28.2006

Blood Lung

Last weekend I "attempted" my first cross race of the year. I crashed hard early in the race on Saturday and landed on my back. My back didn't immediately hurt, but as the race went on, my back became progessively more sore, and would spasm whenever I really powered on the pedals. I drifted off the back of the race and called it quits after 25 minutes. The fitness felt fine, and I would have done alright. So thats that. Saturday night the back was quite sore, so I decided it was not wise to race on Sunday. Not a good start to the season. It was nice to get back home and see the parents though. This Sunday brings the first Wisconsin cyclocross race of the season, so hopefully things go better there. Brian and I practiced on his course last night, the back felt fine, and the legs and lungs felt good. I had a serious case of "blood lung" afterwards though. Do you guys know blood lung? It sucks.

Here's some pictures compliments of Rick Mangan.

6 comments:

Scotty J said...

Good to see your kit did not get hurt at all so you and brian can still get "kitted up." But yeah good to hear you are ok. What is blood lung?

Brooks Leedahl said...

climb that hill by kayla's house about 5 times as fast as you can and you'll experience blood lung.

Brian said...

Scotty's never gone hard enough to experience the joy that is blood lung. That's rather unfortunate...

I can't get kitted up... :(

Scotty J said...

Why can you not get kitted up brian! I will now go hard so I can experience blood lung. Thanks for the pep talk guys

Anonymous said...

Aarrgghh, stave off the effects of blood lung by attaching leeches to your chest and throat. Remember cross racing is being tougher than the next guy.

Lars said...

Kick some buttocks this weekend. Careful on the dismounts.