5.02.2006

Sampson is Ready to Go

Holy moly its been windy here. Just windy enough that you don't want to ride outside, but not too windy that its unsafe. I've been doing a lot of steady state threshold work on the bike the past few weeks. My lactate threshold is down around 186 beats per minute from 193 during cyclocross season. I blame that on all the base work I did the past 4 months. Another 2 months of threshold develpement, and then a couple months of superthreshold speed work, and I should be sitting pretty for cross season.

I finished a 96 hour shift this morning. I picked up an extra two days this week to defer some of the cost of our vacation this summer. Mary, Sampson, and I are going to spend a couple weeks back in Grand Forks. Becca and
Andy's wedding is a good excuse to go back home. I haven't been home since Mary and I moved out here in September 2003, and I haven't seen my dad since my wedding in June of 2004. I'll tentatively be home June 22nd through July 5th, so if anyone knows of a good bike race to do, I'm game.

The 89th Giro d'Italia starts this weekend. I predict Basso, Di Luca, Cunego top 3, with little, tiny Jose Rujano killing everyone in the mountains. Ullrich, Savoldelli, and Simoni will disappoint. I'm thinking about paying for the daily coverage OLN has through cycling.tv. $20 gets you every stage live, with a daily highlight show. Basically what you used to get on OLN for free. I'll probably write another post later tonight on our friend Mario's QR Caliente. Stay tuned...

4 comments:

Robb Lunak said...

Bike race?? How about we throw a few back at the Hub one night??

Brooks Leedahl said...

thats a given. probably a few more than "a few."

Lars said...

You should try to shift the vacation a tad earlier and we will ride to the lake and play

Brian said...

The only cool bike race I could find in that time frame is the MN State Champ Road Race. Kick ass course, with the start/finish line at the top of a brutal climb.

Only problem is that it is the day after Andy's wedding, and it is about 9 hours away from B-marck.

Ouch. :)