5.12.2006

I Couldn't Think of a Witty Title

Hello everyone. Long time no blog. My life just isn't that exciting lately. It seems I'm at work every day, and the rare day I actually have off is spent lying around with a little bike riding thrown in. Today I'm working, but at home tied to an ambulance. If two calls go out during the same time, I have to cover the county. It's a pretty sweet gig, but it means riding the trainer inside, and no wine with dinner. Otherwise it's like PTO.

Mary's back from Indiana and Heather's bridal shower. She had much fun. She is really antsy to move. I've been looking at homes in the Madison area. It's amazing the difference between home prices there and here. I don't know how anyone could afford to own a home here.


The Giro is getting exciting. Yesterday was the team time trial with Basso's CSC team putting a decent amount of time on the other contenders. Today Robbie McEwen won his third stage of this years Giro in an amazing sprint finish. Tomorrow's stage should be pretty entertaining, but Sunday's stage features a mountain top finish that should shake out who the real players are. The cycling.tv video on demand thing is actually really nice. I can watch any stage whenever I want. It makes me not want cable tv. The only thing I really watch on tv is baseball and cycling, and both are available on the internet. Tennis too. I wonder if you can watch tennis on the internet?

The
Collegiate Cycling Championships are going on this weekend in Lane's neck of the woods. He saw some teams practicing for today's TTT and said they were flying. He said he might wander downtown and watch the crits on Sunday.

Here is a picture totally unrelated to this post.

If you ever find yourself in a hotel room with a bike, some delicious beers, and nothing to open them with, think outide the box and ask yourself: "what would MacGyver do?"

1 comment:

Lars said...

How about you, me, some trappist ales, and a dura-ace crankset in a nasty northshore hotel room? What do you say Mac?