10.07.2007

Surly, 2 Ways

A couple posts ago I alluded to Mary's Surly Cross-Check commuter bike. Well, it's all finished and she's been commuting for a couple weeks on it now. It turned out really nice in my opinion, and she loves it. Here are some pics.




Surly bikes are based out of the Twin Cities where, coincidentally, Surly Brewing Company is located. While on my way through after visiting my parents earlier this week, I stopped and picked some up. In the beer geek world, its sort of a big deal. I picked up some Bender, Furious, and SurlyFest. It's unique in that they come in 16oz 4-pack cans. Surly is unequivocally the best canned beer made, and Furious is one of the best IPA's I've ever had.

3 comments:

Brian said...

I bet that bike weighs as much as my mtn and road bikes combined. :)

Looks good Mary!

Brooks Leedahl said...

and your cyclocross bike. the thing is like 108 lbs.

Lars said...

108 lbs and gorgeous! Just like me. Seriously Mary that thing kicks butt. Sorry Brooks its the coolest in the Leedahl stable.