12.04.2006

Leaving on a Jet Plane

Hello all. I'm well in the swing of the offseason. The legs are hairy and getting creamy, as Andy would say. I'll start up training again after the holidays, which will give me about 3 months until road racing starts again in April. Mary is staying fit and will start training in earnest shortly. I think she'll be doing the 5 Star Tri Series next summer. A tri series with cash payouts. How sweet is that?

It's been pretty cold here in Madison lately. It's a nice change from the monotonous weather of Crescent City, but I'll let you know when the novelty wears off. Mary and I are taking a break from the cold though. Tomorrow we're leaving for Florida for a few days. The weather in Tampa is gorgeous right now. Mid 70's and sunny. I'm going to eat me some Cuban food. Heather, Brian, and Vontoux will be babysitting our house and Sampson while we're gone. Sampson doesn't care if it's bitterly cold or not. He just likes the sunshine.


I've added some goodies to the right. The "Blogs of Shame" section is for crappy blogs, blogs with weak posts, and blogs with infrequent posts. That means you Lane. Fear not if your blog shows up there. You can redeem your shameful blog by blogging better (pictures help.) Under the "Cycling Links" section I've added a link to The Broadband Racer. There's lots of sweet videos, and video blogs. Check it out.

Thats all for now. I'll try to keep my blog out of the Blogs of Shame.

5 comments:

dvjs said...

hopefully your brother comes around as he is getting married next month and we all know that married men update their blogs with quality posts or they become square.

D-Lo said...

I'd like to announce my official candidacy for the "Blogs of Shame."

Brooks Leedahl said...

don't blog for like three months and when you finally resume, write a pathetically tiny post with a bunch of misspelled words, then and only then will you make the blogs of shame.

Scotty J said...

Good to know the criteria! I know I am on the verge!

D-Lo said...

Brooks, have you ever heard of Mew? They're a bunch of prog rockers that a prog enthusiast like you might dig. K'bye