12.21.2006

I'm Dreaming of a Wet and Muddy Christmas?

Holy crap. I thought this was the Midwest. It's been (relatively) warm lately, and today it's raining. Not scary-to-drive-in freezing rain, just rain. There is no snow anywhere, and the grass is actually green. It feels like April.

Thankfully it's not April. I still have plenty of time to prepare myself for bike racing. There are several bike related off season projects to work on that don't involve countless hours on the trainer. The current project is removing the tufo tape from the Reynolds wheels. I'm going to glue them up right with patience and glue. The tape worked surprisingly well, but my gluing technique proved itself during cyclocross. Using actual glue will allow for easier tire changes and wheel truings since I can just peel the tire off, do my buisness, apply a fresh coat of glue, and slap the tire back on. After the holidays and Lane's wedding Brian and I are each building new wheelsets. Brian has extensive experience in wheel building, and knows what he's doing. I, on the other hand, do not. I will chronicle the adventure here on this blog.
In other cycling related news, Team Brown Bear is now accepting applications for its racing team! If you think you're worthy, and would like to be considered for one of the coveted roster spots, post a 500 word or less supplication here. Good luck everyone.
What does everyone want for Christmas? All I want for Christmas is Andy Bakke wearing bib shorts in a hotel room.

6 comments:

Brian said...

Nipples!

Scotty J said...

Brooks you look so much more masculine!!! What happened?

Brooks Leedahl said...

no scotty, i'm still quite girly. that fine specimen you gazed at is the incomperable dr. dingle himself. the nipples might have thrown you off, or the sheer machismo eminating from that picture temporarily confused you.

Anonymous said...

That's hot. I wish I had that picture before we sent out our Christmas cards.

Simmons said...

Dr. Dingle's belly button and nipples make a nice looking alien face :)

D-Lo said...

That's one slammin' Christmas present. In fact, I've been known to say "Andy Bakke in bibs" 15.5 times in a mere one minute and 36 seconds.