11.16.2006

Welcome

First, I'd like to start off this post to welcome all my new visitors. I've had 81 unique visitors to my blog so far today. Thats about 3 times this little blog's average. I hope everyone found my blog entertaining, and returns in the future.

Second, I'd like to explain "Sachs Boy" to Mr. David Greenblatt, as, I'd imagine, it would be quite disconcerting to stumble upon this blog. Sachs Boy is the antagonist in my race reports. I think race reports in general are boring, so to make them more interesting I play up the whole hero/villain thing. Sachs Boy is merely a character in this blog. You'll notice I never use your name in the reports as I try to keep a distiction between the character and the actual person. Anytime there were disparaging remarks I made sure your name was not mentioned, because I don't know you personally. As for why you were chosen to play the antagonist is twofold. 1. because our abilities are evenly matched and 2. your bicycle. I thought I had a nice cross bike, but holy crap. When I think of bicycle perfection, I immediately think of Bob Jackson, Richard Sachs, and Vanilla. Yours is the only Sachs I've seen in person. I don't doubt you got a deal on it used. There was a Sachs cross bike on ebay a couple months ago that went for a ridiculously low price that I would have snatched up had it been the right size. If I offended you, I'm sorry. I have no ill will or hatred or dislike for you. Sachs boy is simply a fun character in my blog. I've very much enjoyed racing against you and the two Trocadero guys. It has been a fun season and I'm looking forward to some good battles on Sunday.

Third, as for Mr./Mrs. Anonymous who somehow figured out my roadbikereview user name, well done Nancy Drew. I don't know how you did it. I would say I definately prefer my Dugasts, but you can't have a bunch of goobers rolling around on them. They would be less cool.

12 comments:

Brian said...

I have hatred, ill will, and a strong dislike for only one person that posts here. And his name is Dave Simmons.

I'm just kidding Vino. I love you. For real.

DYG said...

Brooks:

I have to admit that I was offended when I read lines such as “one dude being a dip shit on a Richard Sachs” and “Sachs Boy (who, I imagine, will be blogged about in the future, as he is a major a-hole)”. So I accept your apology and your explanation, that you were creating a fictional blog character to add drama to your race reports, and not talking about me as a real person. I guess this incident illustrates that there can be unintended consequences when you publish things on the internet meant to be read by your friends, but available for the whole world to see. If I truly was a “major a-hole,” for example, I could probably cause problems for your buddy “Lars,” since we are in the same profession. Luckily, as my friends will tell you, I am only a minor a-hole, and would be happy to move on. I hope you have a great race on Sunday (although I will be rooting for Sachs Boy). See you at the beer tent afterwards.

-- David

Scotty J said...

David that was a very noble response, I can not say I would have done the same thing. I hope you have a great race on sunday, albeit I am still in the corner of Brooks my brother-in-law. Furthermore, I hope the two of you can get to drinkin together after the race that Brooks is a good guy (his wife is not half bad herself). Happy racing you two.

Scotty J said...

Oh yeah David, if I said anything that offended you I am sorry, you seem like a good guy!

Scotty J said...

Oh yeah and I heard that shopping for Play Station 3's got DANGEROUS in Wisconsin today, I hope none of you were the individuals involved.

D-Lo said...

You're not going to reverse any of Lars' panniculectomies, are you? If you want to sabotage him, I suggest putting ants in his pants or switching his usual Boston Baked Beans with frozen dyed-brown peas.

Simmons said...

Brian, I thought we were friends :( Now I must break you(from Rocky) You just wait until next season ;) I love you too. In a "brown bear" kind of way. Not for real. Good luck on Sunday.

To Brooks and Mr. Greenblatt, good luck as well. Hopefully the two of you will have a few to many beers and have a "brown bear" moment afterwards.

d-lo, you are hilarious :)

Lars said...

Wow, There has been drama in cyberspace since I have been away. What I want to know from Sachs is how he gets every weekend off? That is quite a feat.

DYG said...

Lars:

I am doing 2 years of research in a lab. I highly recommend it. Instead of working crazy hours you have a student lifestyle and can do fun stuff like cyclocross racing. How is Mayo surgery? I've heard it is pretty intense.

-- Dr. Sachs Boy, M.D.

Scotty J said...

So Dr. Sachs what is it that you do research on or is it classified information I am just curious?

DYG said...

Scotty:
I work in this lab: http://tinyurl.com/y66xz9.
We do research on neuroendocrine tumors, which are types of cancer that secrete hormones.
-- Dr. Sachs

Simmons said...

The suspense is killing me! What happened at the races today?