8.04.2007

Went Down to the Crossroads

Yep. Last Saturday Mary and I and her parents went to the Crossroads Guitar Festival. A week later I think I finally have my wits about me to blog about it. Needless to say, it was f'ing awsome!

Here are my highlights.

Bill Murray hosted the thing, and was hilarious introducing "Chicago's own, Eric Clapton."

Johnny Winter needed assistance walking out onto the stage, and sat slumped over in a chair, ready to die at any moment, but holy shit he could play fast. Quite the dichotomy.

John Mayer and especially Derek Trucks showed that 20 somethings can play a mean guitar.

Vince Gill. Who knew he could rock out?

Robert Cray is the man. And Jimmy Vaughan. Those guys know what they're doing. So smooth.

Jeff Beck was rip your face off loud. Crazy awesome!

When I think of Steve Winwood, I think of his organ playing, but he can play a mean guitar. He had the best guitar solo of the entire show on "Dear Mr. Fantasy."

So thats about it. It's stupid to write about a concert when you can see and hear it, so I'll post some videos. I'm pretty sure I'll never see anything remotely as wonderful as that ever again. Here's two reviews from the Chicago Tribune. Here's the main review, and the wrapup. Here's the MSN page. There's a bunch of videos there as well.

1 comment:

Brian said...

I'll see you at the Crossroads, so you won't be lonely.

Bitches.