8.21.2007

Is it Cyclocross Season Yet?

Yesterday I rode in a long sleeve jersey and knee warmers. The weather here has been crazy. Last week it was like 90, then it rained HARD all weekend, yesterday it was chilly. Today was back to normal with high humidity and temps in the 80's. The lawn and garden look awesome though.
It's 65 degrees with a nice breeze as I type this, and I heard the neighbor's AC turn on. That's sad.

I submitted my race resume to USA Cycling for a category upgrade request. Hopefully I get the upgrade soon, as registration for the National Championships opens September 15th at midnight. I'm also mulling over getting a UCI licence and racing some UCI races in Ohio and Iowa, although I'm not sure how you go about getting one. If I get the upgrade, I won't be able to hang with Wisconsin's best anyways, so I might as well race some bigger races, right?

On the equipment front the bike will stay largely unchanged from last year. New cables and housing, a bottom bracket, and probably some fresh brake pads is all she'll need. This week I'm gluing up some tubulars onto the wheels Brian and I built last winter.
Training is going as planned. My resting heart rate is insanely low, and LTHR is pretty high. Intervals start in earnest the beginning of September, and the barriers will be put in the yard after Labor Day. I'm sure one of these weeks Brian and I will start our little cross practices in the park. A few days ago I bought some running shoes as I'm going to incorporate running into CX training. Crazy. We'll see if it actually makes me faster.

Mary has the Chicago Triathlon this weekend along with Heathrow and Pammie. The pics are from last week's local aquathon.

2 comments:

Brian said...

I bet my Sheehan Park CX course is under a foot of water right now...

Stupid rain for a week straight.

Lars said...

Yeah yeah! come to Columbus on Sept 9!

Go Mary, Heath and Pam! Will they all be sporting Team kits?