7.09.2006

Too Much Stuff for One Posting to Handle

Hello once again all. I've actually had many opprotunities to blog lately, but I've been too lazy. Here is the much abridged summary of the last month. If anyone wants a more detailed description of anything mentioned, let me know and I'll blog in detail.

Mary and I had an uneventful trip to Bismark for Andy's wedding. Scott showed us around Missoula and kicked my ass on a bike ride. Andy met us in Medora, ND for a great 37 mile ride in the badlands. The marriage of Becca and Andy was lovely. It was nice to see old friends and catch up on things. Home in Grand Forks was great. Several mornings were spent sleeping in late and watching the early rounds of Wimbledon. We spent close to a week in GF before heading to Madison, WI for the house hunt. Mary, Sampson, and I spent the 4th with Brian, Heathrow, and Ventoux at a doggy park on a lake. The poochies had fun. We were hooked up with buyer agent and she showed us 22 homes in 2 days. Mary and I decided on a beautiful 46 year old brick ranch in East Madison. We'll probably put in an offer in the next couple days. Here is a picture.
Right now we are in Valparaiso, IN at Mary's parents house. We've been here the entire weekend, and we'll probaly leave and go back to Madison for house stuff on Tuesday. I think Mary's folk's place is my favorite place on earth, and I'm not just saying that because they read my blog. It's so relaxing here. There's a beautiful porch overlooking woods with dozens of species of birds. There is always great food and great beer waiting. Mary did a sprint triathlon yesterday. She was really strong coming out of the water, and maintained second place through the bike, but faded to 4th overall during the run. She was second in her age group though. Her time was a blistering 1 hr 10 min 3 sec.

Tour, Wimbledon, World Cup, baseball. What's there to say. A mighty fine Sunday for sports.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Mary you rule. Nice racing. The house looks nice. I hope you get it.

Simmons said...

Nice looking house. I like the big yard. Are you going to be at the nine mile race at the end of the month?

Brian said...

Kick butt Mary!

Lars said...

That house rules as much as Mary does at triathaloning.

D-Lo said...

1960 (excuse me -- Nineteen hundred and sixty, AD -- I forgot about that rule about not starting a sentence with a number) was a great year for houses.

Incidentally, this blog posting has an unusually large number of double digit numbers.

Anonymous said...

I bought a jump rope.

Josh

Crazy Misadventures of a Not So Honorable Reverend said...

I also made a blog in my efforts to be just like you (thats not creepy, right?)

www.crazymisadventuresofreverend.blogspot.com

little long I know. dont forget to post your pizza dough for Nathan.