6.06.2006

Less Than 2 Weeks!

Hi again gang. You'd think I'd have a bunch of stuff to write about with the big move coming up, but I've got nothing. We've just slowly been packing up our stuff. The other day we picked our movers. It's some outfit from San Jose that quoted us $0.50/lb with a free month's storage. Not too shabby if you ask me.

Training has taken a back seat lately. I haven't been on the bike for over a week. It will be slim pickins until we get settled, I'm afraid. I'll have plenty of time on my hands then though. I've got a hell of a base established, so it won't be too hard to hone the fitness for cross season, so I'm not worried about it. Midwest cyclocrossers won't know what hit them.

I added a few new links.
Madison.com is a local information and news site. Treehugger.com is an online magazine about environmental responsiblity and modern design and whatnot. There's some cool shit about biodiesel and plug-in hybrids and stuff. Isthmus is Madison's weekly alternative newspaper. There is info on food, concerts, art exhibits and stuff.

I'll leave you with a picture of the lighthouse that's 800 meters from our front door.

7 comments:

Brian said...

Heather loves the Isthmus. She grabs that and The Onion everytime we go to Pedro's (local Mexican restaurant).

Scotty J said...

DAMN HIPPIES

Anonymous said...

The Isthmus is fun! You should see the personal ads in there!

Lars said...

Nice lighthouse pic. I like the wave spray. You should blow it up to remind you of CC. If you email me the whole file I will print it on nice paper and bring it to the wed. Other pics too, chode etc.

Anonymous said...

Ew, Andy.

Brooks, when are you getting to NoDak?

Brooks Leedahl said...

i only hope it's your chode, andy.

becca, we are leaving here the 19th and staying outside portland that night. the 20th we're driving to missoula. the 21st to medora, and we'll be in bismarck early the 22nd.

Lane said...

One time there was a firend of mine named shaquille firecracker, and he said that he was a tree hugger, but then when I would go and visit him in his fort made out of deer carkuses he would say that he did not really like to hug the trees, becuase the bark would scratch his face and give him a rash. One time however he had a rash that looked like like Martin Van Buren, and everyone would say "Hey Shaquille Firecracker, is that a tree rash, or is that Martin Van Buren?" Shaquille put his face on ebay, and now resides in florida.